Tuesday, January 12, 2016

Single Serve Oatmeal Cups


Over the weekend I made individual oatmeal cups and they were SO delicious that I had to share. After packing some up for my boyfriend to take home, I decided to share them with a few of my co-workers looking to get into a more healthy lifestyle. They really loved them so in order to share the recipe with them (and the rest of the world) I decided to create a blog post for them!

Oatmeal Cups



shown in my photo: Dark chocolate almond & berry bliss
original recipe located on 'A La Graham'

::Ingredients::

  • 1 egg
  • 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
  • 1 cups applesauce, unsweetened
  • 1 banana, mashed
  • 1/4 cup honey
  • 2 1/2 cups, Old Fashioned rolled oats 
  • 1 tablespoon ground cinnamon
  • 1 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
  • 1/2 teaspoon salt
  • 1 1/4 cups milk --I used almond milk
  • 1/8 cup chai seeds (optional)---I kept these out my first attempt but definitely trying next time to see how it alters the flavors/textures

    Optional toppingsblueberries, raisins, walnuts, chocolate chips, nuts, pomegranate seeds, etc.

    ::Directions::

    1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees
    2. Line a 12 cup muffin/cupcake tin with paper liners--I used a cupcake pan and it made just shy of 16 but I'd imagine you'd get closer to 12 if using a muffin pan
    3. Mix eggs, vanilla, applesauce, banana and honey together in a bowl
    4. Add in oats, chai seeds (if using), cinnamon, baking powder, salt 
    5. Stir mixture until all ingredients begin to stick to one another 
    6. Pour in milk and stir (mixture will look like chunky cake batter)
    7. Divide mixture evenly into liners--I used a 1/4 measuring cup to make them as even as possible
    8. Bake for 30 minutes
    I decided to do a berry bliss theme and a chocolate nut theme. The chocolate nut contained dark chocolate chips which I pushed into the oatmeal cup while still warm (this caused the chocolate to JUST begin to melt) and then sprinkled with almond slivers. For the berry bliss I allowed to cool and topped afterward with raspberries and blueberries.

    You can toss extras in the freezer and take one out the night before to thaw in the fridge overnight. When you are reading to eat just pop into a microwave between 60 seconds and a minute and half. This makes them an awesome go to for meal prep :D

    Get creative with the toppings and feel free to play around with exactly when you add your toppings (you may like it mixed in with the "batter" or prefer to add the toppings at a later time).

    Happy Eating!

    Signed
    Tiesha

    No comments:

    Post a Comment