Friday, May 6, 2016

27 Foods - Organic necessity versus waste of money


Cost is often the first thing discussed when talking about eating healthier. In a world of "this not that" it can be really hard to see past the gimmicks and know where to spend your hard earned money. Something I found myself wondering is whether or not I am buying the "right" organic foods. I certainly cannot afford to buy EVERYTHING organic or locally sourced - so my desire then becomes to use my money where it is most valuable. While browsing online I found the following lists of foods which I found to be very helpful and want to pass along. 

Organic Shopping Guide 

27 Foods - Find out which foods are worth spending the extra money for organic produce and which ones are just wasting your money



15 foods you can avoid buying organic - save your cash for the next group!

  • Avocados
  • Corn
  • Pineapples
  • Cabbage
  • Sweet peas
  • Onions
  • Asparagus
  • Mangoes
  • Papayas
  • Kiwi
  • Eggplant
  • Honeydew melon
  • Grapefruit
  • Cantaloupe
  • Cauliflower
12 foods you should consider buying organic ASAP
  • Strawberries
  • Apples
  • Nectarines
  • Peaches
  • Celery
  • Grapes
  • Cherries
  • Spinach
  • Tomatoes
  • Bell peppers
  • Cherry tomatoes
  • Cucumbers
I hope that you have also found some value in this entry.
Thanks for reading & as always,
Happy Eating!
-Tiesha

No comments:

Post a Comment